Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Denver Nugget.

I can’t claim that I've been keeping up with players as well as I should. I check news and read over some of the fluff here and there. I’ve been pretty busy lately. So today I’m reading along and here is something I found really impressive. Earl Boykins of the Denver Nuggets is the second shortest NBA player in history at 5’5”, only to be beat by Muggsy Bogues who was two inches shorter. Maybe it’s me but I love these underdog stories, it makes you feel good inside, like the first time I watched Joe Dirt. My buddies at the office teased me for sporting my blonde mullet wig I bought at Party Pig but I stood firm and they don’t tease me anymore.

The most impressive thing that I read about Boykins is that he can bench press 315 lbs. I dunno about you but I’m keeping Boykins on my speed dial, just in case the neighbors complain about the transmission I have sittin’ in the front yard.

No comments: